Local search is a great way to find new customers or clients. When a prospect is looking for area businesses, you want to be sure you’re at the top of the local search results.
The good news is that you can leapfrog your competitors by using these tips.
1. Be sure to register with Google My Business. To maximize your results, fill out all of the fields, including your address and phone number and hours of operation.
2. NAP is huge. NAP stands for Name, Address, Phone, and it’s critical to be sure that your NAP is consistent everywhere it appears. Otherwise, Google may be confused, and that’s never good.
3. Claim your online business listings. These are an important part of local search engine optimization. Be sure to include links back to your website. And again, ensure that your NAP info is consistent.
4. Build a mobile-friendly website. Google now penalizes sites that aren’t mobile friendly. Your site has to display beautifully on tablets and smartphones, otherwise your rankings will suffer.
5. Write your content with the user in mind; try to put yourself in his/her shoes. Google is trying to provide the best experience for each searcher, so make sure your website is easy-to-use and contains great content.
To improve your local search rankings, contact Creative Group at 269.342.4290 or creative-grp.com